Recorded on August 24, 2015
FMCC Webinar review: “Pay Me Now or Pay Me a Lot More Later”
“Pay Me Now or Pay Me a Lot More Later”
How To Get the Budget You Need to Prevent Catastrophes, Not Clean Them Up
What’s the cost of one hour of downtime at your facility resulting from an environmental issue? Most managers would put it in terms of lost productivity; but in reality, there may be equipment damage, loss of data either electronically or in hard copy form, building infrastructure damage, etc. What about the harder-to-quantify costs:
- Decreased customer loyalty
- Damage to your company’s reputation
- Employee moral issues
- Ammunition for your competitors and
- Clean up?
All of these factors can be leveraged in making a case for staffing and budget designated for disaster risk mitigation. Acquire five cases you can make during your budgeting process that will help you get the funding you need to fully protect both your company’s and your own reputation. Receive exclusive access to an online Cost-of-doing-nothing calculator that will help you determine the actual impact on your company in the case of an environmental catastrophe in your facility.
1. Recognize why making a case for comprehensive facility monitoring to the people holding the purse strings is so important.
2. Discuss the multiple ways that facility downtime impacts the performance of your business.
3. Understand how facility downtime impacts your reputation and job security.
4. Learn how to quantify and justify the needed budget and staffing to fully protect your facility.
Based in Fort Collins, Colorado, Jeremy Swanner is the Executive Vice President of RLE Technologies, a leading provider of leak detection systems and web-based monitoring solutions for mission-critical facilities. He has more than 25 years of in-the-trenches experience in the critical facilities space, with a focus on how to better protect sensitive facilities from threats. Thanks to his diverse background within the data center and critical facility industries, Swanner has been at the forefront in developing threat detection technology and other controls to help ensure uptime.
Thanks to the FMCC Sponsors:
This post is powered by IFMA, FMCC & FMCC STAG Team. If you have any question about the FMCC STAG Team or sponsor opportunities drop a line to Markus Groll or David Reynolds and also note our upcoming events @ http://fmcc.ifma.org/events/upcoming-Events